Steve Walker Report Editor Steve Walker

Steve Walker is a Former Justice of the Peace Precinct 2, Retired Teacher, Army Public Affairs Broadcast, Photo/Print Journalist, Master Sgt. Reservist (Vietnam Veteran, Desert Storm @ Pentagon) & former Balcones Heights Mayor Pro Tem & City Councilman. Also former President of the Junior Chamber of Commerce in 81-82, Harlandale Federation of Teachers President, 1999-2002

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Thank You for allowing me to serve as Congressman

Over the two decades in which I've had the honor of representing Texans in the legislature and in congress -- I've managed to win some very tough races and survive some huge partisan waves.

Last night, we ran into a wave that we were unable to overcome.

It came down to the wire and though we came up short -- we put up one heck of a fight and I want each and every one of you to know how much all you've done means to me.

Over the course of this campaign, I received so much support and could not be more grateful to my friends, volunteers, contributors and staff.

As a parent, there are certain core values I want my son to learn. One of them is honesty. Another is good manners. I believe in being gracious at all times -- gracious in victory; gracious in defeat. Tonight, I embrace the will of the voters in this election as I have the will of the voters in each election I have been privileged to win.

I want to congratulate Will Hurd on winning this hard fought race. While the airwaves were flooded with millions of dollars in attack ads, Will and I managed to keep things relatively positive and I hope he continues that positivity as he heads to Congress.

One thing Will and I agreed on was that Congress has simply not been doing its job. Texans deserve far better than what Congress has been giving them and I intend to provide Will any and all help I possibly can to help him work to correct that problem as he prepares to take office.

As for me -- while I'm of course disappointed in the final outcome, I am also very much looking forward to now being able to spend more time as a better husband and father.

Again, thank you so much and I promise to stay in touch.

- Pete Gallago

No comments:

Post a Comment